There are TWO ways to enter this year!
- Donate canned goods/non-perishable food items and/or clean, gently worn clothing at 9:30 Club. One entry per item donated, up to 10 entries per day (though you’re welcome to donate more than 10 items per day!). Donations can be made during 9:30 Club’s regular box office hours or at any show during the month of December.
- Make a monetary donation online through our BetterWorld page. Each entry is $5, and there’s no limit to the number of entries. Online donations close on December 31st, 2022 at 11:59 pm.
The Grand Prize is a pair of tickets to every 9:30 Club show in 2023.
Once again this year, we’ll have TWO Grand Prize winners – one from in-person donations at 9:30 Club, and one from monetary donations online! Enter both ways to increase your chances of winning!
Grand prize winners will be selected and notified on or about Tuesday, January 3, 2023.
In addition to the Grand Prizes, we’ll also select weekly winners to receive awesome prize packs from our generous partners:
You’ve got questions, we’ve got answers!
So, what’s up with this raffle, anyway?
The 9:30 Raffle is an annual holiday event in which we collect donations of non-perishable food items, clean, gently-used clothing, and online monetary donations to distribute to local organizations. The raffle started in 2002, and we are now in our 21st year! Each item donated, or every $5 donated, earns the donor one entry. Each entry comes with a chance to win the Grand Prize, which is a pair of tickets to every show at 9:30 Club in 2023. We also have other prizes from our partner sponsors, which will be awarded weekly, including record store gift cards, merch packs, gym memberships, tattoo gift cards, the list goes on…
Why do we do this?
Because it’s the season of giving and we’re full of love, dammit! And it is a nice way to give back to our D.C. community AND our concert-going patrons.
When does the raffle run?
This year, we’ll begin collecting online and in-person donations on Giving Tuesday, November 29, 2022. Donations will be accepted until December 31, 2022 at 11:59 PM.
When can donations be dropped off?
9:30 Club will be accepting donations during every show between 11/29/22 and 12/31/2022. The raffle table will be open from the time doors open until the time that evening’s headlining act goes on. We will also accept donations during regular 9:30 Club box office hours.
Where do donations get dropped off?
At 9:30 Club! 815 V St. NW, Washington, D.C. – at the corner of 9th & V Streets. During shows, the raffle table will be set up back in the Hall of Records (past the bathrooms). (On rare occasions, it may also be set up in the front lobby.) During box office hours, come to the Box Office.
What, exactly, can be donated?
- Nutritious non-perishable food items and canned goods (no ramen, please!)
- Gently used clothing: men’s, women’s, children’s, and baby clothes, coats, hats, gloves, scarves, shoes, belts, hats, etc. (please no used underwear or socks, but we will happily accept those items if they are new)
- Cash money, through 930club.betterworld.org
Can a donation be refused?
Items are accepted at the discretion of the person collecting donations. If there is a disagreement over an item at any time, 9:30 Club’s Manager-On-Duty has final say of the situation.
Is there a limit of how many raffle tickets one can get?
For in-person donations of physical goods, donors can receive up to 10 entries per day (but you may donate as many items as you want each day.) And you can participate every day of the raffle, if you wish. For online monetary donations, there is no limit.
How are winners chosen & announced?
- There will be TWO Grand Prize winners this year: One winner will be selected at random by 9:30 management from all in-person donations, and another winner will be selected at random by the BetterWorld donation platform from all online monetary donations.
- Winners will be selected and notified via phone/email on or about Tuesday, January 3, 2023
- Each week two winners will be selected – one from in-person donations and one from online donations – to receive prize packs from our partner sponsors.
- Winners will be notified via phone and/or email as they are selected.
How does the Grand Prize work?
The Grand Prize winners will be put on 9:30 Club’s Guest List for 2 tickets for every show at the club in 2023. This prize is non-transferable under any circumstances. Only the winner can pick up their 2 tickets the night of each show at the Guest List window, which opens one hour before the doors open.
I have a question bout the raffle that wasn’t answered here…
Please call 9:30 Club at 202-265-0930 or email [email protected] with questions.